Chartered in 1981, the Edward H. Cann Daylight Lodge No. 1752 A.F.&A.M. is within the 8th Masonic District under the jurisdiction of the Grand Lodge, A.F. & A.M., of Virginia. This lodge is closely tied to the other lodges within this district. The Daylight Lodge is the meeting point for business leaders, folk who cannot drive in the dark, and any other members for whom meeting in the day time is more convenient or necessary.
We serve the Fredericksburg area promoting communal well-being and charity. Our members are pillars of the community and part of many different local groups as well as masonic appendant groups.
We meet in, Fredericksburg Masonic Lodge Building, constructed in 1815 when Masons entered into an agreement to support the construction of the Fredericksburg Male Charity School at the corner of Princess Anne and Hanover Streets in return for use of part of the building. The Charity School was housed on the second floor, with a Court Clerk’s office downstairs and the Lodge meeting on the third floor. The building was constructed by George and Robert Ellis, who built many structures around Fredericksburg, most notably the Market House